From the Desk of
Congratulations for choosing teaching profession. A teacher is like a candle which burns to end darkness. You should be proud to be the part of this college as Maharishi Dayanand College of Education, ABOHAR has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Banglore with a CGPA of 2.53 on 4 Point scale The learned and dedicated staff of Maharishi Dayanand College of Education will facilitate you to develop your knowledge and skills to become a good teacher. You are expected to maintain proper discipline and participate in all the activities of the college. Develop your potentials and abilities with determination to become the best teacher. A nation is know by the qualities of teacher it has. So develop you qualities and overcome and abandon laziness, inertia, lack of confidence or any evil if-you have. This year the college sports men have won two Gold medals and two bronze medals in Panjab University sports.Bravo !
Wishing you all round development and a bright future.
Dr. Ranveer Pratap Asija
M.Sc., M.A, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Edu)
“Former Member Senate and Syndicate, Panjab University, Chandigarh”
“Best Educationist Awardee”
- Date of Birth : 19 May, 1951
- Placed in merit list of Panjab University in Higher Secondary Part I and again in merit list in Higher Secondary Part II examination and awarded merit scholarship
- Qualification : M.Sc.(Hons) in Botany, M.A. (History), M.Ed.,
M.B.A., Ph.D (Education).
- Research Papers Published : Five
- Books Published : Two
- Articles Published : Fifteen
- Served as Lecturer in Education for 17 years from 1980 to 1997 and taught B.Ed and M.Ed classes.
- Elevated to the post of Principal in 1997 in post graduate college of education and since then serving as Principal for the last 15 years
- Rendered services as editor college magazine NSS Programme Officer, Youth Welfare officer, staff Secretary, Bursar and Editor Silver Jubilee Souvenir of the college, organized Talent Search Programme, Adult Literacy Camp, Eye check up Camps, Eye donation Motivation and Pledge Camps, NSS Camps, Tours, Picnics, visits to places to scientific and educational interest, declamation and debate contest, quiz competitions, wall magazine contests, Academic games, science fair, skill-in-teaching competitions and inter college and inter school competitions
- Attended orientation Programme for Science Teachers organized by NCERT at Regional College of Education, Bhopal, orientation course for Lectures organized by Jamia Milia University under the aegis of UGC, Refresher course for Lectures organized by Panjab University and training course for NSS Programme officers
- Acted as resource person in 29 National Seminars and organized 13 National seminars. Presented papers in 25 National Seminars
- Honoured by Blood Bank Society of PGI Chandigarh and awarded as motivator of Blood Donation Movement by Hon’ble Sh. I.K. Gujral
- Honoured by Indian Solidarity Council, New Delhi with ‘Best Educationist’ Award. The award was presented by Justice O.P. Verma, the Former Governor Punjab and Sh. GVG Krishnamurti, the Former Chief Election Commissioner, India
- At present –
- Principal of Maharishi Dayanand College of Education, Abohar, (A college affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh)
- Member Academic Council, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, Peer team of National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Member, visiting team, National Council for Teacher Education
- Member, Council for Teacher Education
- Remained –
- Member, Senate of Panjab University for 8 years from 2000-2004 and from 2004-2008
- Member, Syndicate of Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, faculty of education, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, faculty of Arts, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, faculty of Languages, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, faculty of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, faculty of fine arts, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Member, Academic Council, Panjab University, Chandigarh
18. Guided research for 29 students of M.Ed and 1 students of Ph.D who has completed Ph.D and is guiding research in the field of education for Ph.D. and M.Phil degrees.